Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Blah, Blah, Blah!

Well, as we can all see, I'm not doing much better with my blogging as I should be. Life just has a way of happening and I can't seem to say no to much these days! This, of course, puts me in a crazy situation where I just continue to go and go and go. I love it, but it does wear a girl out. I've been blessed to be able to do so much, so no, I'm not complaining at all, just stating some facts.

Well, I guess I should just do my normal update and then I think blog some other thoughts separately. I know what you are thinking, yeah right, but really, today, I will!

My friend Michelle* was here for a few days after I last blogged and we had the most wonderful time. We went to Angelo's in Little Italy and the food was phenomenal. Her husband got this appetizer that I would normally never have ordered and oh my was it tasty! Her daughter, awesome! She's a very cool kid and very sweet and fun to hang with. She's quite the artist as well. The next night, a VERY RAINY night, we met with our friend John and went to Le Sans Couletts and had dinner. Oh my what a fun experience! It's a French restaurant and the way they do the dinners, so cool. When you sit down they bring out this rack of meats, pepperoni's, salami's and the like, you just cut if off and eat. Then it comes with a basket full of fresh fruits and veggies. Not cut up, whole! This huge carrot, cucumber, lemons, radishes, just there! So cool and very good. I took all the lemons home with me, they were so yumo! Michelle and family left the next day, it was so great to hang with her, rain and all!

I saw Pearl for lunch a few times, she's doing good, remarkably well, considering. I'm going to see her today as well. I also had lunch with Hannah, it had been so long since we'd seen each other. She fell about two months ago and has been a bit confined and not going out as much, but we did lunch and it was wonderful to just chat with her. She's fine from her fall, but now having to use a walker. I plan to see her this weekend, to catch up again.

Oh! OMG! John and I went to see Break Up with Jennifer Anniston! I was so mad at the end. John understood the need, blah, blah, blah! LOL, I told him, I know what you are saying, but that's real life, I go to the movies for fantasy and happy endings! LOL I honestly didn't know that's how it would end, I expected a romantic comedy. Now, had I know I was going to see a dark-not-so-romantic-break-up, then I wouldn't have minded, but don't bill it as a comedy, it wasn't! LOL, bitter party of one, that's me. We then went to this restaurant called Piola and it was good, but I almost had to get in a fight with this biotch sitting next to us. UGH, she made me so mad! John's like, Sundi, it's OK, I'm like, no, (very loudly), it's not, Miss Prima Donna just needs to get over herself! LOL, yes, I know, very Christian, but she was just horrible!

Teresa's parents are in town still so we have been having lots of family time and I've been cooking, T's been cooking, Sarah's (girl down the hall) been cooking and we've been having a really nice time. Sarah brought lobster and cooked it, so yummy. T cooked us some good old Mexican food, mmmmm mmmmmm good!

Bryon, Teresa, Dale and I went to see X-Men 3, such a good movie. My Bryon, I just love him so much, he makes me laugh and everyone else too. We were watching the movie and of course one of the mutants has wings. Well, when he brought those wings out and started to fly, Bryon leans over to Teresa and says, "two words, Bird Flu"! LOL, I almost spit my drink!

That Friday I flew home to Jacksonville where my brother picked me up and we met mama and daddy and went to a seafood buffet. Yep, crab legs, all I could eat! I was in Heaven! The next day we had a reunion at Camp Tracey and that was just the best. There were so many people that I hadn't seen in ages and it was wonderful to catch up with them and just spend the day with everyone. The day was HOT, as only FL can be, but it was worth it all. Sunday started Camp Meeting and I enjoyed being there for the whole thing, until Wednesday. I hadn't been home for that in like 10 years, so it was nice to be there. Queenie had a wonderful time with her Grammy and Papa and even Molly. I also got to see my friend Diana, she and I go so far back and she's the same as she was in high school. Love her and loved that I got to spend some time with her.

We spent a lot of time at Derrick and Barbara's each night after the services and just 'fellowshipped'. That's what I do miss about being part of a big church, that type of connection. I met Malcom Carter, a preacher from Alabama, and he was a hoot and a half. Great man and a wonderful preacher. He and Derrick are great friends and he stayed with them. There was also a singing group that was there and they hung out with us too.

I left on Wednesday and of course, was delayed, but I got home and worked the next day. I was out sick on that Friday, I guess the body just gave out, my shingles were KILLING me and I had a headache and some other issues and I was like, forget it, 3 strikes, I'm out!

I went to see a play with some girls from work. It was called Satellite, it was an off-Broadway and it was pretty good. Sandra Oh, from Grey's Anatomy was in it, she was very good and very convincing. When I got home from the play, I realized I left my wallet in the cab! Thankfully I had no cash in it and only a few credit cards so I got that all cancelled, but the license and the actual wallet, so upset that I lost that. I had just gotten that wallet from Coach, it was a gift! UGH! Made me so mad, I know the cabbie saw it and he could have returned it, but he didn't. Not a believer in Karma, but I hope it bites him in the butt! LOL

Stephanie and Debbie, from Nashville, came into town for a visit. We went to China Town and Little Italy on Saturday and then to see the Lion King that night. It was their first play/musical ever so I was happy I was with them to see it. The show was fabulous, the costuming was so well done. I hadn't seen that one before and I really liked it. Not sure I would go back, but so glad I saw it. After we went to Bubba Gump and had a yummy dinner and the girls got to laugh at some poor soul that almost fell. Whatever it takes to entertain them! LOL

Sunday we went to church and then to the Trailer Park for lunch with Teresa, Dale and Wayne. It was Father's day, so it was nice to have a family dinner. We stopped at Ben and Jerry's on the way to the bus and I got some Wavy Gravy, my day could not get better! LOL That night I took the girls to Lucky Cheng's and well, let's just say, we had a wonderful time. Who knew Stephanie looked so good as a drag queen! LOL And that PP, mighty tasty! Right girls?!

Monday I worked and they shopped and then we met P&B for dinner and this place that used to be a garage and it's now a restaurant, it's called B Bar and Grill. Good food for sure. The company, couldn't beat it. Have I told ya'll that I love my Bryon?! Yep, he is just the best.

Tuesday I worked and they shopped and messed around the city. That night we went to the Color Purple, it was just as wonderful the second time. The girls loved it too, minus the body odor guy in front of Steph! ;) After that we went to a Mexican restaurant and it was very good, but the next day, not doing so well.

I woke up with a migraine and not sure if it was the food or the meds, or the pain or what. I went home at noon and just crashed. The girls left and I slept. I was out sick the next day and then on Friday I worked feeling so sick. Saturday and Sunday I was basically in bed and not doing well. My BP was really high and my pulse was too. When I went to the doctor on Monday the BP was 150 over 99 and the pulse was 100. She put me on some meds and sent me to physical therapy. She's thinking it's the shingles and the lower back issues I always have and my body just anticipating the pain and dealing with all that.

John and Bryon and I met for dinner one night, so glad they finally met. We went to Acme and had a most wonderful time. Three southerners just chilling in the big apple! LOL Oh and yes, we had sweet tea!

That weekend, July 4th weekend, I went to Lucylee's in Mississippi's. It was so great to be with my girls again. We did LOTS of eating, chilling, swimming and watching DVD's. I miss them already. Oh and Chad Bridges, yeah, he's just a mess! He tries to act like he could live without us, but nope, he can't! LOL We ate at Letha's, OMG, some dang good BBQ! I also got to meet Gwen and Danny, FINALLY. I've heard about them for so long and it was wonderful to chill with them and just get to know them some. 4th of July was a fantabulous day and we, of course, ate and chilled and swam and ate some more. R. Wayne Cameron and his parents were there too, as was Precious Princess and Harold. Just a great family day. I got burned like crazy, but wouldn't trade the day at all.

Oh and we went to Broma's, this great place and well, R. Wayne had his 12 inches! I'd have never believed it if I didn't see it myself, but he did. Of course, he had to take half home, wimp! They had the best sweet tea and the food really was great. TVogue, miss, oh you gotta have the sweet tea, yep, she got Coke. I'm like, you've been telling me about this tea forever and you have Coke?! LOL, oh well.

Had my physical therapy on Friday after I returned and oh my he hurt me. But, I guess, no pain no gain, right? UGH, I hope so. I went back for the second time yesterday and it wasn't as bad, but still a bit painful.

On Thursday after I returned on Wednesday, Bryon called and said why don't I come to the lake, so I did. LOL, Queenie was already with them, so I meet Bryon at Port Authority and we took the bus out and had the most fabulous dinner. Peter cooked steak and lobster and it was to die for. So good. Neil and Brian came over and we just had a nice evening. The next day we played in the water and then went to Neil and Brian's for dinner and then Sunday we played in the water more and then did some stuff around the house and headed home. Again, another wonderful lake weekend.

Well, that brings us to today, Tuesday. I'm headed to see Pearl at lunch and can't stay long, but I'm in need of a hug, so I must go.
Guess that catches everyone up for now. Ta ta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See... I told you Harold and Gwen & Danny really existed. :-)