Wednesday, November 09, 2005

How much can you cram into two weeks?

This is so going to be a long post. I tried to stop this from happening, but I've just been so busy, I didn’t get anything posted recently.

10-24-05 I met Alicia and Rachel at the Olive Garden on 23rd, in the POURING rain. It was Rachel's bday, so we were celebrating. We had a nice evening and had fun just chatting and catching up.

10-25-05 Today is Queenie's bday! She turned 11. She got some goodies and was a happy little girl. I went home sick from work, the cough just wore me out.

10-26-05, went to Foxhounds with Teresa, Paul and Erika for Teresa's Bday. We then went back to their place, P&T, and hung out.

10-28-05, went to Christina's with Daniel, Bill, Brian, and Neil. Had a wonderful time. Headed to Foxhounds to celebrate Luis's bday. Had a blast dancing and hanging with the crew.

10-29-05
The girls, Paz, Kim, and Loidha, came into town, we did Pronto Pizza then went to the seaport and then went to dinner with John. We met at Bubba Gump and had a fun time then headed to Time Square Brewery and hung out a bit longer. John had the girls all enthralled with his "Days" stories.

10-30-05
We went to the Trailer Park restaurant for lunch, Ben & Jerry's, yes, they had Wavy Gravy, Times Square, Toy's-R-Us (we rode the ferris wheel, tons of fun!), Virgin Records - this was for Paz, Hershey Store, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick's Cathedral, and then to Bubby's for dinner! Whew! LOL, we did a lot and walked all over the place.

10-31-05 Happy Halloween (Deidre's Bday)
Went to Little Italy for dinner and the to the lower East Side for shopping. Little Italy was fun, Paz was making a play for the waiter, the bus boy, the Maitre de, the bread guy, well, everyone really! LOL, the girls didn't really care to much for the shopping trip. They so should have bought something, but no, wouldn’t happen!

11-1-05
I got home from work and the girls told me they were taking me to see Chicago. It was such a great show. Brooke Shields and Huey Lewis were in it and they were just so good! I was very impressed with both of them. After the show they took me to Rosie O'Grady's for dinner. I didn't know they were going to pay, but they did, oh so sweet of them.

11-2-05
We got up early and went to the Today Show. Deidre was going to be on in the first segment, well, that ended up being pushed back and she wasn't on until the 9 o'clock hour. Loidha and Kim both used their "magic" and got some information from the security guy and he told us when she would be on, what part of the set and then what door she would be going out of. So, because of him, we got to see her as she was leaving. We had found out that Deidre was scheduled to be on at 8:43 and then they moved it to 9:14. We then found out where she was going to be, set wise and stood outside the window there. She was sitting there chillin' and waiting for Anne to get there, she looked around and saw us. I waved to her and she waved back and then gave me the sign for Thank You and blew a kiss. We watched the interview and then headed around back to see if by chance we could catch her before she left. I knew she would be in a rush, since she was due at the Martha show, but thought what the heck, give it a try.
She came out and the girls said hey to her and I walked up to her and she gave me a hug. She couldn't talk, she was trying to eat some breakfast, but the girls did ask if they could get a pic. She stopped, took her glasses off and posed. SO cute! It looks great on the camera so I can't wait to see the real thing. Yeah, I couldn't find my camera! LOL I had a bit of company and my place, a bit, um, cluttered! LOL Anyway, so she then got in the car and off she went to tape Martha. Two of the girls headed to try and go to Martha as well and one headed to the airport and me, to work. Kim and Loidha made it to the Martha show and Paz, as it ended up, could have gone, but no, the airline didn't have their stuff together! Dang them.
That night, I washed clothes and then packed for my trip to LA.

11-3-05
I went to work and then at a half day, headed to the airport to catch a flight to LA. Becky picked me up and we made it to the Museum of Television and Radio in plenty of time. I had to change clothes and put on make-up in the car, miss those days! LOL Got there and saw my friends, so good to catch up with them all. We went into the discussion room and they showed montages and then the panel group came out. Ken Corday, Kristian, Peter, Deidre, Drake, Susan, Bill, and James (Exec Prod, Hope, Bo, Marlena, John, Julie, Doug and Abe, respectively). The moderator, when he went to introduce Deidre said, now, please let me get this out before you go crazy! LOL, he didn't say that about anyone else. The mod talked to all of them about Days and what they loved about it and how they changed and yadda, yadda, yadda. I asked Ken about J&M and the love story we were promised and all that jazz. He gave me the PC answer, LOL, and then Drake grabbed Deidre and leaned her back and kissed her! Ken said, well, I guess that's your answer.
At the reception after, I got to talk to Deidre for a brief minute and then get a pic. I also saw Andrea, the publicist, and she introduced me to Ken and told him I was a very vocal, but supportive fan! LOL, she then turned to me and said, now, be nice, do not hound this man! LOL, I'm like, OK, I'll be good. I was nice to him, he saw our J&M posse shirts and then he took a pic with David the Gnome.

After the reception, a few of us went for a late night dinner. Had to have appetizers because the regular menu was closed. We had a great time until I had to leave. They kept telling me how wrong it was for me to go. I felt so bad and I SO wanted to stay, but I had to get home.
I caught the 12:15am flight home and was at work at 1:30pm. Talk about a flyby! LOL, but it was worth it.

11-5-05
Met up with Alicia and we went to for wings and then headed home. Bryon and Peter dropped Queenie off and Rachel came over and we just hung out at my place. Watched some of the week's GL.

11-6-05
Met up with P&B and went to see Daniel at the hospital, he had an appendicitis.

No comments: