12-2-05
Peculiar Pub! I LOVE this place, it's just a cool hang out and a nice relaxing place to hang with friends and cheap too! I love cheap! Erika, Elvyss and Kristen and I met and just had a great time. I hadn't seen Elvyss and Kristen since TGPRD and Kelli left.
12-3-05
Went to see Walk the Line with Peter and Bryon, what a GREAT movie. Great acting and great singing. I was very impressed that they did the singing themselves. We then went to a place called Bar 89 for lunch, oh how cool was this place?! It had clear bathroom doors that when you went in, the doors frosted over, way, way awesome. Totally worth going, just to see and use the bathrooms! LOL, P&B totally watched as I gave them the, oh heck no, I'm not going in there look. The food was good and they had this glass Christmas tree with like a disco ball in the middle, totally cool.
That night Mint and Rach came over to hang out, we chilled and stayed at P&T's since I was watching Macie and Hunter for them.
12-4-05
We got our first snow of the season. It was so nice. I did the church thing and then chilled with Macie and Hunter the rest of the day.
12-6-05
P&T came home and we did the Foxhounds thing. They were leaving in the next day or so to go out of town for 3 weeks so we had dinner.
12-10-05
Went to see BrokeBack Mountain with P&B and Mint. Really great movie. I was surprised at how well done it was and the acting was amazing. There were a few things I felt should have been different, like more of a relationship build up, but all in all, a very good movie. Mint and I then went to K-Mart and to BBQ's. Worst BBQ's we have been too, so not good. After that I went to see the tree at Rock Center and took some pics. Also went up and down 5th Ave and 6th as well. Had fun just walking around in all the Holiday mess. :-) Totally felt groped by a million people, but that does say Christmas in NYC!
12-11-05
Church
12-12-05
We had our company Holiday Party at the Ritz in Battery Park, very nice and the dancing was good.
12-13-05
Luncheon with the "non-door" people. Annie did a really nice job. We had firemen come to collect toys. Gotta love the firemen. We all discussed that it must be a requirement that you have to be HOT to be able to be a fireman, they are all just HOT! Such great eye-candy for a work day lunch!
12-14-05
Went to Foxhounds with E!
12-15-05
Went to Macy's afterwork and got a few things for Christmas. SO crowded! As I was standing at the bus stop, it started to snow. By the time I got home, it was sleet, so not nice!
12-17-05
Michelle and Lisa came to town and we went to Peculiar. Of course we had a wonderful time and just laughed and laughed. Called it an almost early night, we were all tired.
12-18-05
We did church, Cowgirl resturant for lunch, GREAT food, went to Dooney and Bourke and then to Macy's, Old Navy and then caught a cab home. We were really tired, we did a lot of walking, but I got some presents purchased. We came home, chilled out and ordered pizza and watched the Law & Order SVU marathon! I LOVE that M&L are that kind of company. We just love to hang out together.
12-19-05
We met P&B after work at El Paso for dinner. Lisa had never met Peter before, so I really wanted them to meet and like I suspected, they had TONS to talk about. Both having been and being music teachers and loving opera. The food there is always so good. We were there for like over 4 hours. I guess we really did talk a lot! LOL
12-20-05 - MTA TRANSIT STRIKE HAPPENED
Had our Holiday Luncheon with Matt. It was good, but the service was so slow. We left work at 12:00 and got back at almost 3:30. Such a long lunch, but I loved it! That night we went to Foxhounds for dinner, E! went with us. The strike was just reeking havoc over everything and the city just didn't really know what to do. I was very lucky because I can walk to work on a normal day, it's a little over a mile, so no harm for me, but some of my co-workers had such a HORRIBLE time getting in. Gen was almost 6 hours getting in, I felt so bad for her. The city was just one HUGE gridlock and it was just terrible.
After Foxhounds 'Chelle and I went to see the Tree, 5th Ave, 6th Ave and Times Square, she's never been here at Christmas before so I had to show her. Lisa was tired so she stayed at home. The cab ride, was $10.00 each, was supposed to be more, but the cab driver was nice and gave us a break, but still it cost us $44.00 round trip, which it would normally be about $15.00. The Tree at Rock Center, which is usually so covered with people you can't get to it, was like a ghost town. It was nice from a being able to see everything point, but really just weird at how empty it was. The strike just did a major number on the city.
12-21-05
Michelle and Lisa left, they had no trouble getting a cab, but it did cost a bit more for them than usual.
Met Sim, Kristen, Paul, Mike, Rookie, Shaggy and Chris at Bull Run at 5:30, we hung out there for a bit and then headed to One at Little West 12th Street. Great place. Had a total fun night.
12-22-05
The strike ended this afternoon, Yea! Derrick broke his collar bone, Boo! His horse got tripped up in the rope, while Derrick was roping and Derrick went over the horse and the horse ended up over on him. Thank God it wasn't worse than that.
12-23-05
Left for Jacksonville. Of course my flight was delayed leaving LGA and I got into Jax about 1 1/2 hours late. Went shopping with Derrick and Barbara, they picked me up, and then we went to the Marriott at Sawgrass for the seafood buffet. Gwen, Bill and Sarah went with us, very nice night.
12-24-05
Got my hair cut and then did some shopping with mama. Went home and wrapped gifts all afternoon and then went to Ruth's Chris for our family Christmas Eve dinner. After that we went to the apartment and had Christmas as a family. Santa/mama & daddy were very good to us again this year.
12-25-05 CHRISTMAS DAY
Went to church and then had lunch at the apartment. Canton and Melissa came over and we had a wonderful dinner and just hung out. That night daddy and I went to feed the cows, in my new Tommy Jeans! LOL
12-26-05
Chilled at the apartment and then headed to Macclenny to shop for dinner. Came back and had an early dinner with Bruce, Jeanette, Sarah and Justin. After that daddy and I went to get some hay and then go feed the chickens and then the cows. We then headed home to Jax. I had to wash clothes and pack.
12-27-05
Flew back to JFK. It took 1 hour 58 mintues to fly from Jax to JFK, it took 1 hour 30 minutes to get home from the airport! Gotta love NYC traffic. Queenie came home with me, so glad to have her back.
12-28-05
Went to Foxhounds with P&T& E!. It was P&T's 20th wedding anniversary. Great to just catch up from the holidays and their trip to Texas and E!'s Brooklyn Christmas and of course tell them about my FL Christmas too. Found out that Derrick does not have to have surgery on his collar bone! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, December 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
shut your mouth about Peculier Pub, you're only making me mad!
Don't you get culture shock going between NYC and Florida? :)
Post a Comment