OK, so yeah, that sounds gross and that's because it is! I have this sunburn and now I'm peeling and it's itching and all that garbage. I of course waxed oh so philosophical about the whole experience! LOL
Seriously, it did make me think about what animals shed their skin and how that must be a painful experience, but how great they must feel after. Kind of wish that we could do that more often. I sometimes feel that I need to "shed my skin" emotionally. I think it would be good for me. Hanging onto stuff is just not always the best thing to do. Not that I want to forget emotions and hurt and baggage, but it would feel great to be able to make a fresh start every so often.
I know for me, friendships are things that I tend to take way more seriously sometimes than my friends do. I get very attached to people and when that's not reciprocated, I don't deal with that oh so well. I know that a lot of people take physical closeness, distance wise, as a way of showing you love or care about someone, but I stand firm that it's just geography. You DO NOT have to live close to be close. I truly feel that I am closer to my parents and a lot of my family now than I have ever been. I live a long way away, but the connection is so much more than physical distance, or lack thereof.
I have lived in Jacksonville, FL and Nashville, TN and now NYC. To think that I can't be close to people because I no longer live there, that's ridiculous. You can be, it's all a matter of priority. I guess part of me is seeing how I am not a priority in some people's lives and it hurts, but it's good to know, so if and when, I can shed that skin and make that fresh start. I will never, ever, disconnect completely, I know that, but I do realize where I fit into their world and I am learning to accept that.
No, this is not a pitty party, honestly it's not, it's just a bit of talking things out.
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
ITA :) :)
Ah, a like-minded person! I knew I wasn't alone. :-)
Sundi, if I were there right now, I'd give you a hug. You need one!
Still love you more than my luggage!
Thank you sweetbaby Jenkins! I'm really OK, just coming to some realizations, that's all.
No kidding. I'm very close to people living across the country and even in other countries. They know me better than people who see me every day. I'll admit, the physical distance issue bites when things are rough and a hug would be good *right now*, but it's amazing how hearts and minds can still connect through a phone or an e-mail (or blog posts).
Enjoyed our LeTiSu time soooo much SunnyDee. Such a great time. I'm sure you miss gettin' yo hair did =)
Loving you and miss you
TVogue :)
Distance is just a mind thing, It's what is in your heart that counts. :-)
Love ya!
Hi Sundi,
This is Chris from Mosaic. We had lunch last Sunday.
I put your blog on mine!
See you on a Sunday!
Chris(in Midtown)
Post a Comment