Friday, March 23, 2007

RENT!


My friend Tobi was in town this week and we planned to meet last night for dinner. When I got there, she got me a ticket to go see Rent with her and her daughter and her daughter's friend. We went to grab some dinner at Chevy's and then went back to the theater. I had seen the show once before, but oh my did not like it. Sporty Spice was the lead and she was horrible in it. I was a bit leary about seeing it again, but was game for trying. I'm so glad I did. It was way better than the first time I saw it. The lead role of Mimi was awesome! She looked a bit older than 19, but still she was great in the role. The whole cast was great and seemed to have a very good connection with each other.
Tobi did have a small issue, she had a rat run across her feet, during the play!

It was great to see Tobi, meet Carly and Abby, see the play and just be together. So glad Tobi suprised me with that ticket, so sweet of her and a great night had by all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you!! I wanna' see Rent on stage now that I've seen the movie. Sounds like you had a great time :)

Anonymous said...

hey, Sundi! I had a lot of fun with you in NY and I most definitely wanna visit again :) I'll send you a drawing as soon as I can! Love, Carly