Well, had a great weekend. I was supposed to go to New Orleans and have a girls weekend and Leigh and Tina and well, since Katrina hit, that wasn't going to happen. So, Bryon called me and said, of course you are welcome to come to the lake, so I did. He and I met at Port Authority on Friday afternoon, took the bus out and Peter picked us up. We stopped for the ice cream at the Cold Stone, so good, then headed to the lake. It was a great night, spent time in the hot tub and just chilled out, Peter and I went out for a short wave runner time and then I hopped in the hot tub. Saturday we got up, did the store thing and then it was lake time. We went out on the boat and Peter and I got in the water, Waterlilly, a.k.a. Bryon, stayed in the boat, he and queenie, felt no need for anything but afternoon sun. Saturday night we went to Neil and Brian's for dinner, there was 11 of us there, loads of fun and lots of food! Sunday we messed around the lake and did the wave runner thing, Bryon and I would wait for the fast boats to go by and then jump their wake! LOL, we had a great time and did that for about 1 1/2 hours. The gang came over for appeitzers at P&B's and then we headed to Brian and Neil's for dinner again. Monday we did one last wave runner run and were haveing the best time, then me, miss, I-can't-go-slow, took a big wave too fast and Lake Hopatcong Smack Down 2005, part II took place! Yep, I'm in pain today, but it was a great jump, my landing is what sucked! LOL
The weekend was such a great time. I felt a bit guilty having so much fun, knowing that my friends are suffering and stuck. It's crazy how it can be so beautiful here and just so horrible there. Really puts things in perspective for you.
Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment