Thursday, September 29, 2005

My (belated) Birthday with Bryon

Last night I went with Bryon to Bubba Gump for dinner and then we went to see The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. We had a GREAT time at Bubba Gump, put the two of us together with other crazy folks and well, we have a blast. We messed with all the waiters and joined in the BDay song for some other chick.

We got to the theater and they asked if we wanted to possibly participate. Bryon said no, I said yes. They took my info, but didn't use me. Oh what they missed! LOL The play was just AMAZING and funny and whitty and intelligent and totally worth seeing. I laughed so hard my back was hurting and I was crying. It was totally an awesome night for the two of us and we've made plans to spend more time together this winter, since he will be in town.

OT: heard yesterday that Bernadette Peters husband died in a helicopter crash. It was so weird because I had seen her on the street, with him, outside their apartment. Kind of a cool celebrity sighting and then to hear he died, just weird feelings. I was talking to a friend and she was upset and then said, you know, I just have to stop that. I don't get upset when Joe Blow dies, so why do I give this celebrity, whom I don't know, more sympathy? I saw were she was coming from, but a big part of me disagrees with her. I know we should have sympathy for all, and I think I do for the most part, but a celebrity is someone I invite into my life by watching their movies, watching TV shows, reading about them and all kinds of things. In an essecence, I do know them more than Joe Blow. I don't think it's wrong, because I've made them a part of my life. I don't know everyone on my floor all that well, but if one of their family members were to die, I would feel it a lot more than I would if someone from a different building died. It's all in the contact you have with people, you know?

No comments: