Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Soap Talk Taping/LA Trip 10/7-9/05

Friday
I left work early for my *Dr's appointment* and headed to LGA to catch my flight. I was scared that I would be delayed due to weather, but it was only a 20 minute delay. We got to ATL and I had to rush to get to my gate, thank God we were in the same terminal. I got there as they were calling final boarding. Made it to LA, picked up the rental and headed to the hotel to meet TVogue and Claudia. We went to get food at IHOP and then went back to the room to make posters. We made a J&M one and a Deidre one. Too cute!

Saturday
We got up, got dressed and headed out by 8:00. We went to Mel's Dinner, mine and TVogue's favorite place to eat. It's on Sunset, so it was a good ways from the hotel. We were staying at the Radisson at LAX. We get there and realize that we've left the posters at the hotel. So, we eat, the El Rancho is the best there is, and then we see two former GH actors, kinda cool. We park Claudia's car and head to the hotel, we do a Deidre house drive by, just gotta, and then get on the interstate. We get the posters and then go back and get Claudia's car and head to the studio. We get there about 10:45 and see the line. I see some of the girls we were meeting up with, Becky, Paz, Elsie, Nicole, and Kim. We go in and of course, wait.

We finally get into the studio, they had taken our cameras and phones, not cool. I see the guy doing the seating and tell him that we had talked to Tony and he had said we would get front row. He said OK, he'd work it out. A Draker just bugged the guy so much saying she should have front row that he got mad and just said, this is where you are sitting and that's it. He put her on like the 5th row. We were on the second. They asked us if we wanted to ask questions, I said yeah and they were going to use me to ask Deidre's question, which they changed and wanted me to ask about Hattie, her playing it. Ended up that Charles had to leave and so they scrapped that whole thing and I was going to be first! UGH! Oh well.

So, to the show itself. They introduced Deidre and Drake first, to MAJOR applause. They came out and hugged and walked over to the couch together. They interviewed them about each other, J&M and the way they've grown as actors. It was all very good. They told the story about the hairpiece during the Pier Reunion, totally ruined it for me, LOL. I always thought it was a RoJohn moment to smell her hair and thought he was like is she real? No, she was whispering you're pulling my hair out and he's like, OMG! LOL, oh well, there goes that. They were very comfortable around each other. It was good to see. Deidre was playing him and making it to where he was all pro J&M and positive. When the first commercial came Deidre was looking into the audience and seemed she was looking for someone, not sure who, but I moved into her sight range and when she saw me, she totally smiled and grinned and waved. She was so happy to see me. She was like, OMG, you're here! I'm so glad she saw that I was there. During the commercial's she and Drake did talk some and a few times got close to each other. She ended up telling him almost everything that happened, since he's deaf in one ear. Later I got Deidre's attention and showed her the Deidre is my Home-girl banner that Elsie made that I was holding, she LOVED it. Laughed at it and blew kisses to me. Loved it. Later TVogue and I were standing there and Deidre glanced over at us and gave us an small wave, like she was doing it on the sly! LOL, it was too cute. Deidre was awesome and I made sure that ANY time something was mentioned about J&M/Deidre, there was MAJOR applause. I worked hard for my girl that day, but I wanted to make sure that NO MATTER what, they knew who had representation there. No question who got the most attention, it was all about Deidre!

I called Ken Corday one time and got him to look at me, I was telling him no JoHo. He acted like he didn't hear me, but I know he did. Later I got his attention and showed him a J&M banner! LOL, he gave me a thumbs up.

Drake came into the audience to see Cilla and as he was going down the steps I called out to him, made him look at me and showed him the J&M banner as well, he acted happy and also gave me a thumbs up. So, then, I turned around and made sure the audience saw what he gave a thumbs up too! The J&M poster, LOL!

Andrea, the Days publicist came out, bringing Frances to the stage. When she turned around to leave, I called her and got her attention. She came over, grabbed my hand and said hey, asked what we were doing there and I said, supporting Deidre, of course! She laughed. She seemed very happy to see TVogue and me.

The show was really a great show. I'm so glad that Deidre did it and just represented like crazy. It was awesome.

Deidre is the spokesperson for Bodega Chocolates and she gave out small boxes with a red ribbon called The Deidre Hall collection, way cool. No one else brought anything for the fans, but of course, my girl, showing out as usual!

After the show, we went to eat, all of us girls and Sharon and we went to Stanley's. We had a great time. After that TVogue and I went to the hotel, changed clothes and went to CJ's. We went by, got some triplesec and ice. We watched outtakes and montages and just chilled out. Paz and Kim came too. We had a good time.

Sunday
Got up and turned the car in, and checked in at the airport. We had breakfast at McDonald's and then we were off. I had a layover in Cincinnati, OH and then an hour delay. It turned out to be a long day, but it's all good, I got home, got my baby and then crashed.

Another successful LA adventure! I think maybe I should just move there! LOL

No comments: