Sunday, March 05, 2006

Hospice...

I went to see Pearl today after church. She was in bed and not able to talk much at all. I hugged her and she just hugged me as tight as she could. She told me they have called Hospice in. I'm not sure how much time they have given her, but it's not going to be long at all. She told me that she's ready for it to be over.

To see this vibrant person turned into this shell of what she once was is very hard.

I told her I would come by every day, if for nothing else but to just hug her. She said she wanted that so much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you got to spend some time with Pearl today ... Enjoy every minute ... I'm sure your visiting means the world to her ...

Anonymous said...

You have given her a gift Sundi whether you know it or not. To die knowing that you are loved and will be missed is what we all seek.

Dustin said...

I'm sorry to hear that Sundi. I always remember hearing about Pearl and all you two did together.