
Hey all! I'm starting this new thing, yep, I've caved and given in to the blog world! LOL, I know it will be so much easier this way. I've just resisted, saying, some of my friends won't read it, but then I thought, yeah they will! Give my peeps some props! LOL So, I decided today, to start the Sundi blog. Hope you all will enjoy it and read it often. This will help also, so that my updates aren't so huge anymore.
This should be the last one that's HUGE! LOL So, here goes.
It's been a busy past few months. I've been doing a bit of traveling, going to the lake and just hanging out with friends. My friend Jennifer Cady left NYC to move to Arizona and so we had a small get together at Paul and Teresa's house. We are so going to miss her. I met her through church and she was a hoot. I got to meet my friend Rachel's mom one night at BBQ's, the only decent BBQ in NYC, IMO. We had a good time. She was living here for most of the summer, but has since gone back to St. Louis.
My friend Dustin, the guy that introduced me to Mosaic Manhattan, left NYC in July as well. He decided to move to Tampa where his now wife lives, so we got together a few times before he left. Kelly, the new wife, came up too and surprised us. It was great to see her, but I hated the reason she was here. We went out and had some awesome boneless buffalo wings and just chilled out. I miss them so much!
Been spending lots of time at Foxhounds, neighborhood restaurant. They have the outside seating and it's been so great to just chill with friends. We call it our Cheers! They do know our name and everything! :-)
We had family night at Sunny and Marcus' house, I cooked. Paul and Teresa came as well and it was so good. Just like Sunday dinner! :-)
The next night, I was at home, and my friend Karen called me and said that Deidre (Hall) was going to be in West Virginia and she was going to see her. Well, we all know I can't let her go alone, so I booked a rental car, Queenie and I drove the 7 hours there and met up with Karen to see Deidre! It was AWESOME! We were the only fan club members there and they treated us like we were with Deidre. They kept trying to give us water and making sure we were OK. It was so funny. Deidre did a meet and greet at this hotel she was staying at, the Greenbrier Resort. Anyway, we get in the auditorium and she comes in, one of the first things she does is say, Sundi, where are you?! LOL, OK, you all know me, I was beaming! LOL She was making sure about some storyline info and then told the audience that Karen and I were friends of hers! The next thing was another meet and greet and she turned to the lady organizing it and said now, Sundi and Karen are coming with me, that's not a problem is it?! LOL, no ma'am it was not! That's when they treated us like royalty. It was a great day and I was so glad I went. Queenie hung in there all day and had a great time too. She met Deidre as we were leaving. I'll attach a photo of us from that day at the end.
My mama came to town two days later and her visit started off WONDERFUL. We saw a show, shopped and just hung out. We went to Rachel's for dinner, great little place in the Theater District and then saw the show. At Rachel's we met some folks visiting from Jacksonville! Small world! On the way to the theater, we saw Bernadette Peters! Sunday we did church, lunch with friends at the Trailer Park, best burger, and then SoHo for shopping, and then dinner at Foxhounds. Monday we went to Out of the Kitchen, got some cupcakes, to Whole Foods Market where we saw Sam Waterston and then to Bubby's for dinner. This was my birthday week so it was starting off oh so well. Then the next day, my birthday, at 4:00 in the morning we got the call that my Nanny had passed away just an hour before. She had been ill, but seemed to be a bit better. So, that of course, put a major damper on the day. In a way, it seems a bit special to me that she died on my birthday, it connects us in a way.
So, that day, we washed clothes and got flight arrangements worked out and took Queenie to Peter and Bryon's. That night my friends, who I called that day, came and met me for dinner. They were all so wonderful to drop everything and come see me. We ate at Carmine's, a must if you are in the city and love Italian food, and had a nice dinner. There was about 10 of us.
The next morning, mama and I flew home to Jacksonville, daddy picked us up at the airport, we went home, changed and headed to the viewing. The next few days were so jammed packed with stuff we had to do. The funeral was on Thursday and then on Friday it was quiet. Weird how that's when it all hits you. I stayed until Sunday and then I flew home. I thought the worst had hit me already on Friday, but it was the strangest thing on Sunday when I got in the cab to go to my apartment, that's when I lost it. I think it must have been when I was by myself and back here, I realized the depth of losing my last grandparent. It was a very sad ride home.
That night my friends met me at Foxhounds and we just hung out, just what I needed.
That Monday I went to get Queenie and had dinner with P&B and then later in the week, took her back to them for Peter to take her to the lake early. Bryon and I went on Friday after work. It was a GREAT weekend, probably one of the best. We had loads of friends there and we had fun on the water and in the water and around the water. It was a well needed escape.
Went to the movies and dinner with friends on night, the next night I went to dinner with P&B, Kathy, Bryon's former dance partner, Brian, Kathy's boyfriend and Jennie Berlin. She's an actress. Didn't think I knew her until she walked up and I'm like, whoa!, just saw you on Broadway 2 months ago! How crazy is that?! We had a nice time at Joe Allen's.
1 day later took Queenie back to P&B's. She spent the weekend with them and I went to Pennsylvania to visit my friend Bev and Karen, who was in WV with me, drove over too. We had a blast and Bev's area is just beautiful. It's a mountain she's on and the mornings were amazing.
Picked Queenie up, had dinner with P&B. Went out the next night with P&B and did dinner at El Paso's on Houston, great Mexican food.
More Foxhounds with friends, my friend Miriam came into town we met up late and just hung out. Had lots to chat about and catch up on. She was in for the weekend with family, so we had to make our visit after their day was done. We met at 10:30 at night! LOL Late pizza! Got love NYC!
John, from Nashville, came to town and we did breakfast and then messed around the city. He got me all excited about Martina McBride's new CD he thought was out, well, not yet, but we at least did see that Barbara Mandrell has 3 CD's in Virgin Mega Store! Yeah! =) Good to know she's still out there. Yes, for those people that know me, we did move them to the front of the case! :-) It was great to see him and just chill with him and the city. We ended our day at yes, Krispy Kreme!
More meals with friends, Foxhounds and Applebee's. Then went to Paul and Teresa's and watched the Incredibles, GREAT movie! So cute. And then, this week, just work.
Tired yet?! I am! Man, that was a lot to type.
Check back often to catch up on my info. If I have major stuff to write, I'll email you all and let you know to come check it out.
Take care!
Love,
Sundi
7 comments:
Well, well, well. I called you this morning at work and left a message for you! Have you gotten it yet? None of your new friends even have a clue about me - your OLD long lost silent friend! Nice blog! Glad you did it! Dale
About time you got a blog ;)
SunnyDee, You GO Girl! I'm so proud of you. Great Job. :-)
Test
Hey girl, The picture is great.
I can't wait to see you next June.
Time for an October blog, Baby Girl ... Need my Sundi fix
I MISS YOU TOO SUNDI! And Queenie as well!
Post a Comment